Thursday, January 18, 2007

Year 2, Day 321: Breakfast Freak-Out

All of a sudden I started to freak out that my Breakfast is out of control. I looked at the calorie count of a banana (1 cup) and it was 200 Calories! And 51g of Carbs! I was like, "what am I doing?" I recalculated my breakfast and I started to realize that it was like 700 calories! I could be eating a Monster Thickburger for breakfast! After a few days, I calmed down enough to sharpen my pencil and do the calculations. Using a cup of both cereals and a full cup of soy milk it comes out to nearly 700 calories, but as I only use a half cup of each cereal, a half cup of blueberries and about 3/4 cup of soy milk, it was down below 600 and I could live with that. Which is a relief, because I don't know if I can go back to eating eggs.

Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Ikea Muesli
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
2 oz 50% Jalapeno
5 Sticks Beef Jerky

Lunch Chan Shin Yuan
Fish with Vegetables
Moo Shi Pork

Dinner
Trout with Buttery Wine Sauce
Asparagus
Salad with Feta, Balsamic, Cabbage Olive Oil

==============================================================

McDonalds Fries to be Trans-Fat Free

McDonald's says they've found the right oil to make french fries healthier. A company spokesman says after years of testing, the fast-food giant has finally selected a trans-fat-free oil for its famous fries.

The company says the new oil is canola-based and includes a mix of corn and soy oils.

Company spokesman Walt Riker says the new oil has gotten good reviews in extensive testing, and is now being used in 1200 U.S. restaurants. No word when the new oil will be used in all of the company's 13,000-plus restaurants in the U.S. Mcdonald's and other restaurants will have to comply with a New York City ordinance that bans the use of artificial trans fats by July first.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Don't panic about breakfast. It should be, some experts tell us, the biggest meal of the day. As for Macdonald's French Fries..I may be compelled to try the new transfat variety...only out of scientific interest that it. Love, MOM