Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Year 2, Day 313: Will This Week Ever End?

Sometimes a week just goes by so slooooowly it's infuriating. I couldn't believe today was only Wednesday this morning and when I came home I couldn't believe it was only going to be Thursday tomorrow morning. Some weeks just speed by in an instant, over before they've even begun. This one just seems to drag its hairy knuckles on the sidewalk with a horrible scraping sound.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Ikea Muesli
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch: Chan Skin Yuan
Beef Thingy
Chun King Pork

Dinner
Salad a la Molly
Turkey Crumble
3 Bean Salad
Broccoli

My niece is a salad fanatic and I'm constantly amazed, even after all these years at the amazing volume of salad she can consume in a single sitting. As a salad expert, she is fascinated with my sister-in-law's 'trick' of adding water to very dry salads to make them deliciously moist. I can't remember ever eating a specific salad prepared by my sister-in-law, though I will say that I never once ate a less-than-delicious thing prepared by her hands. When I think of water and salads, I think: bad. My niece said she could never replicate the trick, but I didn't want her to. I like my salads wet with dressing. Call me a purist.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I did try to leave a note last night but failed the symbol verification. Anyway,you reminded me of a joke I once heard...said one hippo lying in the mud to the hippo next to him, "I keep thinking it's Thursday." We been spoiled by all these short weeks with Monday holidays. And somehow I can't wrap my mind around salad and water...so it goes. Love, MOM