Friday, August 19, 2005

Day 173: T-Minus 1

Days without contact from Gary: 13

Today was my second to last work day prior to vacation. Though I would not classify my work as hard, or even 'taxing', there is no doubt that even if your job was a pillow-fluffer, you might need to take a break from it a few times a year. My parents are both doctors, so they sure knew about having stressful jobs. It is often said at my workplace that 'we're not performing organ transplants,' to indicate that our work is serious but not at the life or death level. That's good, because I know that doctors get precious few week-long vacations. No matter how many they get, it's less than they need.

Breakfast
1 Slice MultiGrain Anadama Bread (http://www.sendbread.com/breads.htm)
1 tsp peanut butter
Tea
2 oz 50% lite jalapeno cheese

Snack
1/4 mixed cashews/almonds
12 oz coffee (half decaf)
60 pistachios
1 6 oz lite yogurt strawberry yoplait

Lunch (Chinese)
Shredded Pork with Cabbage
Sliced Chicken with Spinach
Boneless Spare Ribs

Dinner
Talapia a la Stir-Fry Em
Brown Rice
Broccoli

Since Emily has hopped on the bandwagon, we virtually stopped eating all carbs for dinner (except those that are in, say Peppadews and the like). Tonight she prepared brown rice, which is an allowed carb. Though I had already had my carb portion for the day (for breakfast) I relented, because after all, I know I can't lose weight if I'm in a rut from eating the same foods all the time (which is my current theory). So we had it and not only was the fish FANTASTICO but the rice was filling and I couldn't finish my dinner. I can't remember a time in 173 days that I have not finished my dinner. One of the great things about being on the diet is that when it's time to eat, I eat, and unapologetically. So tonight was a surprise. Maybe it was the rice. But in any case, it's always nice, and very rare, to feel full, so with one work day left, I was grateful for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Emily has come on board. What a nice feeling to be full before your plate is empty. But you still sound like you need a vacation. And just for the record, both your parents "are' doctors. Love to all. MOM