Thursday, August 25, 2005

178: Day Two @ Vineyard

Really, just more of the same. However, today, weather-wise, was the bum of the trip. Slightly overcast and with a few actual showers. It didn't really bother me as I like that kind of weather. As I am not a beach maven, it didn't really distract from my plans. Actually, I don't have any plans, and that is helping me to relax. As you all know, I won't be fully relaxed until it's time to leave. Ironically, when we leave the cool beach-lined island back to Boston, it is supposed to be hot and humid. Iccch.

Breakfast
Three Eggs
2.5 Strips Turkey Bacon
2.4 oz Jalapeno Cheese (50% Light)
Coffee

Snack-Lunch-Whatever
Slice of Greek Pizza (actually ate the dough-part)
1 Whole Wheat Bagel
Tblspn Peanut Butter
1 Braeburn Apple
1 Dragon Stick
Assorted Nuts
Coke Zero

Dinner
Cheddar Cheese
2 Ears of Corn
1 Fish-Kebab
1 Fish Sausage
Spicy Cabbage
Green Salad with Feta

Dessert
1 Bite Brownie with M&Ms
1 Bite Cheesecake-Blondie

This is an eyebrow-raising list of things to eat- and all in one day! What I have loved about being on this diet is that even when I feel totally out of control, it is NOWHERE NEAR how I actually used to eat when I was REALLY OUT OF CONTROL. I actually feel like I am still on the diet, but I am making some notable exceptions while on vacation. So far, it's been fun, and today I did a 1.5 mile bike ride (which is really, like nothing) and I carried Magnolia for about 1 mile, so that's got to count for something. All in all I ate some delicious corn (the corn-snob and all of us concurred) and some dessert. The only thing worth writing about is the pizza. On a tip that "the best pizza on the Island" was at Edgartown Pizza, we took Ruby there. As it was only 10:45AM, there were no pizzas ready so we had to order one and then come back. In order to fully judge the pizza, I had a slice, and let me tell you—it was not much bigger than the slice in the trivial pursuit game that goes in the circle. I mean, it was small. And it was Greek pizza, which for those of you know me, know that I don't consider that pizza. A total waste of carb-eating. But the brownie was worth it.

I'm almost certain I will have to Phase One-it when I return from this place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's so nice that you can report in from vacation. Enjoy! Love, MOM