Thursday, August 04, 2005

Day 157: Dreaming of Fruit Loops


You know it's funny what you'll desire. Fruit Loops were never even my favorite cereal. I definitely would have picked Apple Jacks or Frosted Flakes or Sugar Pops (now renamed Corn Pops) over them, yet today I could not stop thinking about them. I was thinking of their crunchy crunch, and their nearly fruitless taste. The corn smell as it wafts up from the plasticy-bag when you open it. How there's a point between crispy and soggy when the cereal is just right and sugar-tainted. I was nearly in a frenzy when with no where else to turn, I broke into my bag of pistachios and ate 50,000 of them. Sick on nuts, I started to think, "I wonder if I've gained weight?" I've got issues.

Breakfast
6 oz Yoplait yogurt
1 cup blueberries/blackberries
1/4 cup Almonds
Tea

Snack
1 Dunkin Donuts Black Ice Coffee (Half Decaf)
1 Dragon Stick
1 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Royal Gala Apple
50,000 Pistachios

Lunch
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken

Dinner
Orange Roughy a la Em
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic

After being sick on nuts, I wasn't quite as keen on eating as I had been just minutes and 50,000 nuts earlier, but Emily made a breakthrough with her Wok-steaming. She is being tutored by one of our neighbors, who comes from a Chinese Restaurant family and is teaching her all of the secrets. I am of course, benefitting immensely, as is Magnolia, who will grow up eating healthy food, while I'm afraid Ruby will be stuck eating Pizza and Yogurt. Still craving sweets after dinner, I had a Sprite Zero with ice and tried to calm the sugar-demons. I think they've gone for the night, but they'll be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough day but you got through it and tomorrow will most likely be better. 50,000 pistachios can't be wrong....oh well... a small joke. Love, MOM