Wednesday, August 24, 2005

177: First Day @ Vineyard

We're already in trouble here, so I'll keep it short. Web access is only acquired by running a string between two cans and electrocute a gerbil. For nearly two hours, the travel out here was flawless, the last 10 minutes was hard. Also, due to a 2:30 Ferry, we had to eat in the car, and so all reports are approximations.

Breakfast
2 Slices When Pigs Fly Anadama bread
1 Tblspn Peanut Butter
2.4 oz. 50% Lite Jalapeno Cheddar
Coffee

Car-Ferry-Snack-Lunch
Breast of Chicken Slices
Cold Cabbage (from a few nights ago)
Nuts-a-plenty
2.4 oz 50% Lite Jalapeno Cheddar

Arrival at Edgartown Snack
6 oz Yoplait, Strawberries, Nuts

Dinner
Steak Tips
Shrimp
Broccoli
1/2 Corn on the Cob
Salad

Dessert
1/6th of a Blondie-Chocolate Chip Brownie

Yes, I went a little crazy today, not only eating my car's weight in nuts, but I did sample the chocolatle chip brownie (I was cutting it up for Ruby, and something got the best of me). Previously, I spiked my insulin with a corn-on-the-cob. Here I am avoiding corn in all its forms (with the exception of the ubiquitous high fructose corn syrup) and I gave it up for a mediocre cob. I think it's because my sister-in-law is such a corn-snob that I didn't question it till it was too late. Oh well, maybe I'll have another ear next year. Until tomorrow, I'm trying to get into "vineyard mode." I hope that does not involve too many trips to Mad Martha's, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're still reporting in. Hope the weather is fine and that the carbs aren't too temptimg. Have a wonderful time. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Corn snob is a new one on me. Apparently the bar has been raised.

Keep up the great work and enjoy your holiday. Hope to see you soon (november??) Love, cousin LWC