Sunday, August 21, 2005

174: Saturday

A big, hot and humid day. It started out with getting out to a 'meet the kids' kindergarten play group (which was abandoned mid-way due to heat) detailed into an all-day park play fest, and finished with a trip to market. We were all exhausted yesterday and I though I didn't count it as exercise, I was out there, shaking it for most of the time.

Breakfast
Eggs Over
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
Tea

Snack
1 Venti Starbucks Americano (black, with splenda and half decaf)
A few grapes
1/4 mixed nuts
6 oz Lite Blueberry Yoplait

Lunch
Cheese of 1 slice of Pizza
White Meat Turkey Chunks
Cabbage & Romaine Salad
Peppadews
Pickles
Coke Zero

Dinner
Teriyaki Steak Tips
Asparagus
Peppadews

After the kindergarten meet n greet, we sashayed over to the bike shop to get Ruby's new wheels put on. As a condition of them fixing it while we waited, we had to actually wait in the store. Try waiting anywhere for a half hour with an American kid. Go ahead, I dare you. Luckily, there were lots of sample bikes to ride, but after a while we were dissuaded from doing that because in the words of an employee there had "already been a wreck this morning." We were invited to go outside and take test rides. When the repair was finished, with my blood sugar nearing 0 levels, we went to the pizza shop. Unfortunately for me, they were not competent enough to serve us two slices of pizza and we had to wait, necessitating that I chew on a tablecloth for solace, occasionally licking a red pepper flake for flavor. When we finally got our slices, we high-tailed it home and I ate the contents of the icebox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trouble getting on the Internet tonight. Called Cablevision and the guy who I spoke to knew less about it than I do. But anyway, after I hung up , I got it to work. Still can't figure out how to overcome being anonymous but perhaps when I come to Bean Town. Keep up the good work. Love, MOM