Saturday, April 30, 2005

Day 61: Last Vacation Day

Unbelievably enough, I got up this morning, dropped Ruby off and went to the Gym again. As is custom with all vacations, you finally relax and find the groove of your time off on the last possible day. I now see that I could see make a habit of that kind of day, if the hunger weren't such a nagging problem. I am trying to create a deficit here, after all.

Breakfast
8 oz. 'Lite' Strawberry-Banana Yogurt
15 Almonds
1 Cup Strawberries
1/2 Cup Cantaloupe

Snack
1 Joy Stick
2 Cheese Sticks
1 Tsp Peanut Butter
40 Pistachios
1 Pickle

Lunch
Sashimi Special
Salad
Miso Soup

Mezzo Lunch
Greek Salad: Romaine, Cabbage, Greek Olives, Feta

Dinner
Sirloin Tips
Snow Peas

I continue to be surprised at where I am—if you had told me three months ago that somtime in the near future I would willingly traipse off to a gym two days in a row, look forward to returning to my weekly walks and nearly salivate at the prospect of either playing tennis or swimming, I would have given you a big 'pshaw.' Also, I'm not sure I'm losing any weight, but Monday's weigh in will tell all. I may have reserved a bottle of red wine (or several low-level pain medications, which are fat-free) for Sunday night so I can sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's really changning the way you live...not the pounds on the scale that make a difference in the long run. I know it's great to measure your progress by the scale but don't worry about that part of it too much. THe exercise piece is so great! Have a great end of the vacation weekend. I'll leaving tomorrow night for Zurich and will try to report in briefly with my new cell phone. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

there is something so compelling about your writing that i sat down today and found myself catching up on all your entries i have missed for the last week. and i dont mean entrees...

did ya miss me? i guess emily hasnt filled me in on the phone. we have had a lo t of aborted conversations. sounds like a major theme of your vacation was very productive. creating that deficit. i like it. after three or four years of working out consistently i felt myself becoming addicted and even looking forward to the high. i love sweating so much now. whenever any of those girls at the gym want to put the fan on i get upset. it's funny cuz i hate sweating at work. especially in the kitchen.

some say they can work up a sweat in the swimming pool. i have never been able to sustain the activity long enough to find out.

would you listen to me ramble on. i must have been blog deprived.

i am not gonna think about your weigh in, but call as soon as you know...

bob and i are talking about coming for a visit just so we can play doubles. could we line up wendy for the afternoon. i will let you know.
'
so, keep up the good work. lovingly, even though you passed me up the other night on the phone, monica