Saturday, April 16, 2005

Day 47: More Substitutes

I've gotten used to a life of a lot of substitutes. Sure there's turkey bacon for pork; grilled chicken parm for fried, and so on. Really, you get used to a lot of them and a few of them are actually as good as that which they substitute for. But there are some things that just can't be changed beyond reason without consequences. Absolutely, hands down the foulest thing I have ever put in my mouth is something called Yoplait Carb Monitor Yogurt. I literally could not even eat the small bite I took. Emily tried some and spit it out in the sink. Ruby too, tried some, and she too spit it out in the sink. If you are so desperate for something creamy and you are considering Yoplait Carb Monitor, I suggest you just go off your diet and try some fat-free Stonyfield. I mean it.

Breakfast
2 Eggs Over (and again, cooked the yolks to hardness)
2.5 Slices of Turkey Bacon
Tea

Snack
1 Cheese Stick
15 Almonds
30 Pistachios

Lunch
Greek Salad with Chicken
Banana Peppers and Hearts of Palm

Dinner
Grilled Chicken Parmiagana
Broccoli
4 oz. Stonyfield Lime Yogurt

Today I went for walk number three with the Domania gang. I continue to work up a sweat even on a 50 degree day. When I got home I again joined Ruby in canvassing the park and chasing her and her friends. I was so hungry that after dinner all I could think about was more dinner. Then, desperate for something to eat I had yogurt (does that count as dessert?). I probably could have eaten my way through the fridge, but I managed to stave it off once again, and will go to sleep happy, and very hungry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, You logged this one too late for me. I was upstairs watching Season Two of the West Wing. I do love going through these series without waiting for a week to go by. Love reading your enteries. Keep up the good work. Love, MOM