Friday, April 08, 2005

Day 39: Monday Cometh

Thinking about the scale. Also, learning now that even if I shrink my stomach, my eyes stay big. Today at lunch (Sushi) I surveyed the menu trying to decide what to eat, and chose sashimi. I wanted to order REALLY A LOT. I ordered as much as I reasonably could without making a scene. When it arrived, I looked at it like a starved-giant would view an offering of a cracker for dinner. But I ate what I got, and then started to look around the table. Bad—I wanted to vacuum-snort the table of leavings. But I kept it in check. It was a fine amount of food. Then I went back to work and when that was done I went for another Domania-walk. Quite enervating, and when I got home I practically ate up Emily and two children I was so hungry. Felt much like the first ghost in Ghostbusters chomping on the hot dogs ARGH ARG YOMP.

Breakfast
2 Slices When Pigs Fly Low Carb Whole Wheat Bread
2 Tsp Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
15 Cashews
15 Almonds
4 oz. Peach Yogurt

Lunch
Miso Soup (No Tofu)
Seaweed Salad/Salad
Ass't Sashimi

Dinner
Catfish, Tiger Shrimp & Snowpeas

Tomorrow is the poker game. Usually a fat/cheese/carbfest. In preparation, I went to Whole Foods and got all kinds of snacks: Hummus & Celery, Olives, and Pistachios to ready me for a night of sitting around the guys. It is probably the toughest challenge of the diet (though I haven't yet faced summer at the Big Dipper), since I am so accustomed to eating like a hungry hog from the moment I got there to the moment I left. The plus side to abandoning that way of life is that more of then than not, a poker game's evening often led to an overnight with heartburn and grepsing like a banshee. I will have to pacify myself with chewing gum and the occasional cheroot. And of course, taking all of everyone's money, especially Gary (who's reading this).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll make sure to bring extra money. But my secret weapon (a toaster and a bagel) may throw you off your game.

Gary

Anonymous said...

Ne of strong heart and play well. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hello Obbie,
I went to Whole Foods down in Amherst last night and am wit' you again, in deed as well as spirit. SB Buddies 4 Eva! We Rule!! (PS: you might-could eat an apple or something lest scurvy sets in) Have you tried Metamacher bread? It's like they pressed whole grains together and called it bread. It's yummy.

Luv,
Lurleen

Anonymous said...

i agree with lurleen about eating an apple. or and orange. not bananana.

we cooked a pig's head (roasted the cheeks and muzzy) and it was calling me a lot in the kitchen this afternoon. fat is very satisfying. but i didn't bring any home.


i could eat ruby and magnolia up anytime.

good going babycakes....you have to feel like you could eat this way for a while. just takes the efffort and you are doing so so so well with that.

to say nothingabout having given up dessert.

love you,janey
mommy loves you too.