Saturday, April 02, 2005

April 1st: 33 & 1/3

I wanted to say a quick thanks to all read, and/or write posts to this blog. If it weren't for this blog, I'm not sure I could keep going on the diet. It's really the fact that I have created some structure around the dieting that keeps me continuing to do it. Sure, there's the pleasure I take in feeling better, or going to the next notch on my belt, or actually having more energy. But you get tired of that, especially when daunted by a bag of chocolate-covered pork rinds or something like that. I remain worried that even with adding exercise (a big step for me), that going to phase two is keep me from losing any weight. Well, I'll know next Monday when I go for the next weigh in. Today I took YET ANOTHER WALK. Those who know me well know that I would drive down the driveway to get the newspaper. I was not a walker. But nearly 6 years of non-activity (excepting carrying children and their heavy, wet things) can really lead to being out of shape. It was not the whole group—just the two fastest walkers, lucky for me. They walked pretty fast, and they were both always ahead of me by a few feet. If you were watching us from above, it looked like we were a triangle, moving in tandem. If people can't understand that, you can write and I'll send a detailed picture. (I might not, but you won't know unless you write).

Breakfast
2 Slices WPFLCWW Bread
2 Tsp Peanut Butter

Snack
30 Pistachios
15 Almonds
1 Cheese Stick
1 Nip

Lunch
2 out of 3 Roll Mops
1 Heart O' Romaine
2 Gus Pickles

Dinner
Ass't Olives
Celery with Hummus
Greek Salad
Shrimp 'n' Cocktail Sauce


Well, I'm clearly in Phase Two now—I allowed myself to have all kinds of things today, including cocktail sauce (which has sugar) and Newman's Own Caesar dressing (ditto, for Ghost fans everywhere). Again, I felt like I was binge-eating because when I got home I was so hungry. I also realized that time and planning are key to staying on the diet. Today Ruby and I both overslept, and we didn't know if she was going to school because she hadn't felt well all week. She's supposed to be there at 9:00 but it was 8:25 when we decided to make a go of it. So I didn't really have time for the Phase One breakfast I had hoped for, I had to go for the Toast which was quick—so I could get everything else ready. Again, I feel hungry and I know for the most part I am eating responsibly, but I do nurture a worry that I will not have lost another 3 lbs by next weigh in. I am developing an eating disorder? Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not an eating disorder, you're just getting caught up in the numbers! Be ye not so hung up on that and focus on having to go down a notch on the belt. Inches! Inches! Yes, we know your goal is to see it on the scale by July, but maybe you should set another goal like the pants size you'd like to be and work towards that as a second unit of measurement at the very least.....ok I have to go because my sauteed Jolly Rancher candies are getting overdone on the stove. LURVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Happy April. I'm so proud of you for sticking with this very difficult project. I finished watching Season One of the West Wing only to find that what I thought I had from Net FLix as Season two was really just Season One. Arghhh! Oh well. Then I couldn't get on line. Talk about frustration. But as you see, I called the Cable people and they fixed it. I/m not sure what the trouble is. Keep going, you're doing great. Love, MOM