Sunday, April 24, 2005

Day 55: Vacation Day Two, Passover Begins

This was the first time in 55 days that I really had to face down an overwhelming amount of food and dessert like the barrel of a gun. No foolin', it was tough, but I think I made it through. Tomorrow will be more of the same.

Breakfast
2 Eggs (Out of blog-reading frustration, Emily's sister Amy tought me e how to avoid the yolk breakage).
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
Tea

Snack
15 Almonds
4 oz Yogurt
2 Cheese Stick

Lunch
Swordfish Kebab
Grilled Peppers, Tomatoes, Onions

Dinner
Brisket & Turkey
Wee Bit of Matzah (for the haroseth sandwich)
Gefilte Fish with lots of horseradish
Chicken Soup (Wee Bit of Matzoh Ball)

Dessert
I nibbled on a cookie, just for the texture
I put a finger in the chocolate mouse for the taste

Even just the little bit of matzoh I had, I felt like I was carbing up left and right. Then adding the matzoh ball and God only knows what's in the gefilte fish—I felt funny, like I had no idea what I was eating anymore. On the plus side, I got to go play tennis for about 90 minutes, which is probably the greatest amount of sustained physical activity I've had since Ruby was born. So overall, I think I made out OK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a really overwhelming amount of food for all of us. But you did a great job on all levels. It was really nice to see everyone. Hope today was easier. Are you home? Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Did Amy swear you to secrecy? What's the trick to avoid yolk breakage?

On the edge of my seat,
Alice