Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Area 51: Feeling Fat

Just a short entry tonight. For a few days now I have been feeling really, really good. Happy to be alive, and glad to have turned away from my heavy-weight destiny. But today for some reason, I felt heavy. It could be mental, could be physical, or it could just be the summer, when the warmer temperatures make all your clothes feel bigger and heavier. Whatever it is, I know the diet/lifestyle change has its ups and downs. I'm in a down moment.


Breakfast
Eggs (I should stick to scrambled, don't ask)
2 Turkey Bacon Strips (Applegate)
3 Blackberries
Tea

Snack
15 Roasted Salted Fava Beans
25 almonds
30 Pistachios
1 Granny Smith Apple

Lunch
2 Rollmops: Ham, Turkey, Alpine Lace, Pickles
1 Head Lettuce

Dinner
90% Sirloin Burger
Cheese Stick
Fried Onions
Banana Peppers
Pickles

As I become more comfortable with my new lifestyle of eating, I paradoxically become less concerned with what I eat. Sure, I'm on guard for white carbs, sugar. But all the time I trying to weigh what I should eat vs. what I should skip. The whole thing about wheat-carbs vs. none, about fruit vs. none, about dairy vs. none is difficult. I am trying to keep my physical activity up but I am concerned that I am starting to eat more even if it is the right foods. Hopefully, tomorrow I can get up and happy again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I guess every diet has its down days... but I like your thinking about it. Feeling in control is such a great feeling. Looking forard to seeing you all soon. I can't believe how big Mag has gotten since I saw her last. Marnie is coming to Passover...I'm glad to report but it probably means I'll fly back Saturday. Would you believe I got a round trip ticket because it's cheaper than one way. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Rob,
Say more about these roasted fava beans...

Lurleen