Sunday, April 10, 2005

Day 42: Six Weeks on the Diet

Tomorrow I will get weighed in again and so tonight I am looking for my lightest-weight clothing. If I lose my goal of three pounds I will weigh 212—which seem like a long away from my goal of 196 by July 22, 2005. As I have said, it's not about the numbers. Since I have started this diet I have learned how to blog, how to eat better, and have actually started engaging in physical activity other than those needed to keep me alive. I have learned how to make mac and cheese without actually tasting it and I have learned alot about the body and proper nutrition. The only thing I seem to constantly fail at is how to get two fried eggs out of their shells and into the pan and on the plate with intact yolks. At least I have found the turkey bacon of my dreams.

Break-fast
Two Eggs (One yolk broke after reaching the pan in one piece and I didn't even touch it)
2 Strips J.O'T.B.
1 Tsp Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
30 Pistachios
~4 oz. Vanilla Yogurt
2 Dried Apricots(!)

Lunch
Tuna, Romaine, Cabbage, Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Salad

Dinner
Turkey Breast
Grilled Asparagus a la Jill Rosa

Today I was feeling wacky and had two dried apricots. They were good. Also, from the safety of my high-minded perch atop SouthBeach Central, I decided that I would be a refusenik for 'lite' yogurts and return to organic Stonyfield Farm. There is a difference in carbs (129 in SF vs. 121 for Columbo) but when you think that 'eating right' actually means 'eating wrong', i.e. that you have to eat aspartame, corn starch and high fructose corn syrup I suspect I am blunting whatever benefit I am accruing from eating the stuff in the first place. If it's just about soft food, I can eat fat-free pudding.

I went for another walk today. I created a "Walk-Fast Playlist" so I could try and match the pace of my very fast walking coworkers. When I was done with my route I calculated the time based on the songs: 29 minutes. I will have to add two songs and figure out how to add that length. All in all a good activity weekend, I spent more time on my bicycle than I have since I used to ride to work (in 1989).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sounds great. Numbers don't really matter I know....when you are in control...but still keep me posted. Love and can't wait to see you all. Ill be flying up to Boston on Wednesday nite. Friday all day haning out. Noah has a baseball game Saturday morning and I will either fly back Sat early afternoon or drive down with Noah and Sophie and David. Doreen called to formally invite me to dinner. It was very nice. Love, MOM