Thursday, September 28, 2006

Year 2, Day 209: Tired

A bad of night of sleep last night. Up for about two hours in the middle of the night. When you become hyper-aware of noises, it's never god. Woke up at 5:21 and 6:21. Very bad focus, very tired, even with lots of caffeine and advil. On the plus side: very little appetite.

Breakfast
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Green Tea

Snack
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 Stick Beef Jerky

Lunch: Russo's ($5.01)
Red leaf, red pepper, red onion
broccoli, mushrooms, chicken, feta
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner:
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
Balsamic Vinegar

Emily had her "back to school" night tonight, so I left early both because I was feeling poorly and also so that I could be home before she left. In a more energetic state, I might have made something for dinner, but with no energy to spare I picked up some take out at the local pizza shoppe. This included a greek salad because I wasn't sure Emily would eat the falafel wrap I ordered for her. She did eat it though, so I had basically the same dinner as I had lunch. And some people might wonder, "how can he eat so many of the same salads?" My answer is twofold. One, by de-romancing my food choices it makes it easier to stay on the program. Two, I like salad. All in all, salad is like a school uniform. It's so much easier than having to pick what to wear everyday. As it is, I was chastised today for wearing the wrong shoes with my outfit. So, I'm a work in progress...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A bad of night of sleep last night."
These sleepless nights tend to result in a multitude of interesting typos (see above).
But a far more interesting typo is the following:
"When you become hyper-aware of noises, it's never god." I'd like to suggest that perhaps, at least some of the time, it might be god (although I usually spell His name with a capital G). So check those noises out more carefully and let me know what you learn.
Love,
Auntd (aka Anonymous)

Mom said...

The work in progress looks quite fine to me. I'm not sure what's keeping you up and night...we'll talk more I hope this weekend. Should be quite interesting meeting the White Rabbit at last. Love, MOM