Thursday, September 14, 2006

Year 2, Day 196: Must Go Walking

Today it was kind of a non-stop day, I had a meeting in the morning with an ad agency that went from 9:30 till 12:00pm. (I had to duck out to eat my cheese). Just barely got my salad and off to more meetings. Really, really need to take advantage of the weather for as long as its good. I must get out there and go walking.

Breakfast
Kashi/Heritage
Banana
Blueberry
Tea

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar.
12 oz. coffee (half decaf)
30 Unsalted Almonds
1 Short Shot

Lunch: Russo's ($5.61)
Red leaf, red peppers, red onions
mushrooms, broccoli, chicken, feta
balsamic vinegar

Dinner:
Rotisserie Chicken from Costco
Haricot verts

Emily and I have discovered with great humility that the rotisserie chicken from Costco is better than all the other roast chickens we can get our hands on. That includes Sudbury Farms, Whole Foods, and La Rotisserie. Russo's, a favorite, douses their chicken with rosemary, which for me, ruins it. A spit-roasted chicken is such a great thing to have but I've never made one myself. This is partially because I am intimidated by the idea, but also because I failed many times in the 80s experimenting with those vertical roasters. I also had a bad gastrointestinal issue at a Boston Chicken in Connecticut that kept me off rotisserie chicken for about seven years, but that's all behind me now. Of course, Emily and I were ruminating—why is it so much better? How much butter/fat/mysterious bad things could they add to it? We don't know, but I guess we're sold on Costco.

No comments: