Friday, September 15, 2006

Year 2, Day 197: I Walk Alone

Today, minus nearly all my Domania walking gang, I was determined to go walking. Though I had no partners, I went alone. Though the morning was rainy, I was determined, and I did work up a sweat. I stopped at the farmer's market along the way, breaking my stride to buy some corn (my kids love corn, and who am I to deny them the highly glycemic treat?) I can't say that I enjoyed the solitary walk, but I felt very proud that I got myself out there. I know that I must remain determined and I cannot forget to keep up a minimum of one two mile walk per week. Lastly, I must remember to stay hungry, in both the literal and figurative meanings.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!/Heritage Flakes
1 small banana
blueberries (half-cup)
unsweetened soy milk
green tea

Snack
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 Short Shot
1/2 Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Chicken kebab salad with feta,
balsamic vinegar

Dinner
Chicken Breast
Cauliflower
Pickles
haricot verts

Much to the dismay of my office workers (who don't yet know) I reordered more beef jerky. With its low calories (35) and very low carbs (1g) it's easy to keep around, easy to limit, and very satisfying to chew. I had run out yesterday, and I had to make due with "Short Shots" which are the Choo Choo Roo company's 'slim jims.' Now if you're like me, you find the Slim Jim extremely disturbing. Not just its flavor and texture, but its combination of mysterious and what you wish was mysterious ingredients. What is 'mechanically separated chicken,' anyway? But the 'Short Shots' are a little better because they don't have all that junk and they are like their jerky counterparts, 35 calories each. However, because they're processed, they don't make for good chewing, and as my father used to say, "They only fill up my one cavity," meaning they aren't very satisfying.

No comments: