Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 207: Don't Tell Me What to Feed My Kids

During my research in writing this tonight though, I came across a disturbing article that revealed its painful conclusion:

"Children and teens in the United States follow eating patterns that do not meet national recommendations. Nutrition education and intervention are needed among US children." (http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/100/3/323)

Sadly, if we don't take care of our children now, we're going to have take care of them later. I have found that even as a parent, other parents really don't want to hear what you have to say when it comes to their kid's nutrition.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
1 Banana
Blueberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Green Tea

Lunch: Russo's ($4.74)
Red pepper, red onion, red leaf lettuce
tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, feta
chicken, balsamic vinegar

Snack
2.5 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 Beef Jerky Sticks
20 Unsalted Almonds

Dinner:
Flounder
Cauliflower
Avocado

Back at work means back at Russo's. I know many people skip over the menu part of this blog, and I apologize to both my readers and myself for being in an unimaginative breakfast rut. Sure, I might have to eat salad every day, but surely I can do some change up in the morning? I did have about three or four breakfasts going for a while, but with kids it's so easy to get into a routine because the alternative, which tends to be anarchy, is soooo draining.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I think we all tend to get into ruts with breakfast. There's no time to think before you head into your day...and this must be mutilplied by having kids to feed. Every once in a while I change up...which is nice too. Love, MOM