Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Year 2, Day 195: To Weigh or Not to Weigh?

It sounds like a bad pun, but I have been feeling sort of neglectful about not getting weighed in. Dr. Parent is leaving her practice and I must decide whether to stay with her (in Norwood, about 20 minutes south) or stay with the office, with its 'on-the-way-to-work' convenience. I sort of have been living in fear of Detecto, which is exactly the opposite of what I got on this diet and program to do. I must toughen up and get there.

Breakfast
1 slice multigrain balthazar bread
2 tblspns super chunky peanut butte
green tea
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Lunch: Russo's ($4.90)
Red leaf, red peppers, red onions
mushrooms, feta, chicken, broccoli
balsamic vinegar

Snack
1.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
30 Almonds
2 sticks Beef Jerky

Dinner:
93% Sirloin Burger
Pickles
Salad, Romaine, Cabbage, Feta.

My arm continues to be a problem. I am sleeping with a wrist-brace and using it at work. I am also wearing an air-cast, which is a puffy thing attached to a strap that puts pressure on all your tendons and is helpful for a reason that I can't explain, but understand physically when I'm wearing it. Wearing both of these things has the effect of announcing that I am old, hurt man at work, and even though I don't think about it, I do laugh when people say "what's THAT?" It looks like I sustained some kind of sexy skiing injury or something, but in reality, it's just a torn-something or other. I have another tear-inducing physical therapy appointment next week.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, Sorry to hear that the arm is still giving you trouble. Sports injuries are a bitch. On other matters I think you should stick with the office that's convenient...you're more likely to get there. Love, MOM