Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Year 2, Day 208: Another Fast Walk with Sin-Tossing

Today it was one of those perfect fall days that almost makes you forget it's fall because it's so much like summer. We took a fast walk around the water and I took a little intermezzo so I could throw my sins, in the form of old bread, into the Charles River. This is something that's supposed to happen prior to the beginning of Rosh Hashanah, but it just didn't happen that way. There were a lot of sins, real and imagined, and a lot of bread, and mostly, a lot of happy ducks.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
1 Small Banana
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Green Tea

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 Sticks Beef jerky (resisted the fifth at 4:51)

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Chicken, Feta, Salad
Balsamic Vinegar

Dinner
Hamburgers
Fried Onions
Cabbage Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
Peppadews

Very often I will come home hungry and eat and want to still eat more. Very often this can be dodged by drinking lots of water, but that desire to continue eating is still very strong, after all this time. The benefit to having been on the diet is now I know I can beat it, so that's good, but the idea of a diet chocolate pop, or Magnolia's left-over oatmeal still plays in my head like a haunting melody. If I can get to the 8-8:30 hour without anything else, I'm OK.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, I'm a morning eater....I have to have breakfast and lunch..even early and them I'm done. Dinner may be exciting sometimes..but not too often. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Love, MOM