Saturday, September 16, 2006

Year 2, Day 198: Bingo Night

Ruby woke up at 6:45 and would not go back to sleep, though we practically begged her to from a sleepy state. After 45 minutes of not sleeping, I got her up but told her that we were going to run errands. I dragged her around town and to get coffee and to the drugstore and to the bank, and everything I could think of to do that I needed to do that was open so early in the AM. She was actually in quite good spirits, and I love to have her tag along, even if there isn't much to do at the bank. I offered her a bagel at one point, but she wasn't interested in food. We walked all around Needham and eventually I let her play in the center of the park for a while before I got up the energy to go home.

Breakfast
5 oz. Ham
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Tea

Snack
2 oz. of Almonds & Cashews
Coffee
1/2 a bag of 1/2 of Popcorn (Ruby split it with me even though she had just polished off a several bags of smart food)
2 Olives

Lunch:
Breast of Chicken
Cabbage, Romaine, Feta, Red Peppers Balsamic Vinegar

Dinner
A few bites of Ruby's Hot Dog
Steak Tips
Broccoli

After a really full day of playing in our park with various kids, Emily brought Ruby's best friend over and then they played together for hours before the onset of the first big school event of the year, "Bingo Night." Ruby was VERY excited about Bingo Night—until she got there and realized it wasn't much fun and then practically needed to be carried to the car. Though we had fed her (quite a bit) before she went, she complained of being hungry so we fed her and sent her to bed. When everyone was asleep, I went to a neighbor's house who is doing a research study on weight loss and programs. Asking the question "Why does this work?" and "For Who?" It was good reflection for me. I have come a long way.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It's those kind of early mornings with a parent that linger in the memory lovingly. As for "Bingo Night" Dr. Spock ( The Star Trek one) said it very well...if a may paraphrase "Wanting something (or anticipating it) isn't the same thing as having it." Often expectation is so much more exciting. Love, MOM