Monday, September 04, 2006

Year 2, Day 186 I Failure

Today was Labor Day. For some reason, rather than going to the beach or celebrating our veterans, I have had the urge to go to Costco, and yet every year the remain closed in honor of this holiday. This has now, for two years running, sent me to BJs, which all in all is pretty good and in some ways much better than Costco. Especially if you count all the treats you can get when you go there, including a movie-size vat of popcorn that my children helped with, but ultimately I ate all of in its cold, salty glory.

Breakfast
2 Eggs, 2 Slices of Balthazar Multi-Grain
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Green Tea

Snack-z
1 Joy Stick
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
15 Pistachios
Large Bag of BJ's Popcorn

Lunch
93% Sirloin Burger
Broccoli
Peppadews
Pickles

Dinner
Kielbasa
Hamburger
Cabbage/Tomato Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
Pickles
1 Sea Dog Blueberry Beer

And at the end of a long day of reverie in and out of the park, snacks, resting, running, crying, we are still trying to think how in the world are we going to get ready for:
1. School
2. Preschool
3. Work
4. The fall
5. The world
We are saved by our neighbors, who insist we come over for an impromptu barbecue. We bring our own cabbage salad, but have our heads turned by the high-fat kielbasa and world's sweetest and most delicious beer that Emily and I split (it's great when you don't have to drive anywhere). At the end of the meal, I conclude that I have failed to get properly back on the program. Since the week is fraught with new beginnings, I vow to make my program one of them.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good idea....but it sounds like it was a great day for ending summer and preparing for the fall. It's so nice to have neighbors that you're so close to. Love, MOM