Saturday, September 09, 2006

Year 2, Day 191: After-The Game

I got killed last night in cards; though I gained an early lead, I squandered it away in between a hail of salted and unsalted nut mix. Though I wasn't terribly degenerate from the eating side, my gaming left a lot to be desired. Instead of our usual offerings, I got the poker dinner from Russo's, and though it was not entirely SoBe friendly (there are six players, after all) it was good.

Breakfast
Kashi/Heritage Flakes
Banana/Blueberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
1 oz. Popcorn
1 oz. Emily's Cabbage

Lunch
93% Sirloin Burger
Romaine, Cabbage Salad with Feta
Pickles

Dinner
Turkey Crumble with Lettuce Leaves
String Beans
Bok Choy/Jade Broccoli with Oyster Sauce
4 Slices Toscano Picante

Felt like I was back on the diet today. It felt good. Emily's sisters came today and though I have been in the family for over 20 years, this is the first time that I made dinner for them. I made a dish that Emily taught me that remains my favorite. Now that I know how to make it, I plan to make it all the time, except for the fact that dark-meat turkey is higher in fat than its tasteless, dry, white counterpart.

1 comment:

Mom said...

So why don't you share the recipe with all your blogging friends? Hello to Emily's sisters. Hope your arm is healing. Love, MOM