Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 147: Breakfast in Charlotte

The hotel tries to lure you into a glycemic coma by offering make your own Belgian waffles, crumb cakes, donuts and I kid you not, Grits Express. After looking at the scrambled eggs (too watery) I pick two hard boiled eggs and 2 sausage links. Then I grab a box of Whole-Wheat total, fresh blueberries and plain yogurt. I eat one hard boiled egg and realized that they've been boiled overnight. The sausages are not worth discussing, and I leave the rest over. For lunch we get salads, mine was over seven dollars ($7.29). Can you believe that, in Charlotte, a seven dollar salad? Also, it came with pasta AND croutons (and a cookie). I smelled the cookie for a half hour, then I put it in my laptop bag and brought it back to Boston, where it did not get eaten.

Breakfast
1 Hard boiled egg
1 sausage link
1 box of Total
1 cup blueberries
6 oz. plain yogurt

Snack
1/2 WHole Wheat Multi-Grain Bagel, Panera
Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Bagel

Lunch
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Plane Snack
1 oz. Peanuts

Dinner
Emily's Chicken Crumble,
Cabbage and Lettuce

I note in the corporate 'vending area' there is free water, but also a vending machine that features hamburgers (!) and a product called "Grits Express." (You can check out Quaker's "All About Grits" at http://www.quakeroats.com/qfb_OurBrands/BrandDetail.cfm?BrandID=21)
They also had this at the hotel. Does anyone know if this a popular dish? Emily, bless her heart, prepares my favorite low-cal meal for my return to rude, cold New England. I am happy to be back, to the routine, and to the tent-posts of a diet that looks crashed-up. I do not even want to face the weigh in next week. I really don't think I can't stand the heartbreak.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, It sounds like a harrowing trip...eating wise but the great thing about this eating program...notice I didn't say diet, it that you can get back in gear. Damn the Detecto! Love, MOM