Sunday, July 23, 2006

Year 2, Day 144: A Heartbreaking Loss of Staggering Tennis

On the fourth day in a row of tennis, I took on my sister-in-law. I led the entire set, breaking her early and staying out in front. However, when the chips were down she revved it up at took the set 7-5, after maybe 60 minutes of the hardest tennis I'd played all week, and that's no small feat. Demoralized at the staggering and heartbreaking loss, I could barely continue to play. Emily suffered a similar come-from-behind loss from her brother-in-law. We decided to start another set together, but after three games we realized we couldn't keep it together, either to refrain from laughing, or really to keep our arms over our heads. We went home.

Pre-Brunch Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
2 slices Ham
1 handful of almonds & cashews
Green Tea

Brunch: Aquitaine Bis
A few pieces of honeydew melon
Omelette Alsacienne with Mushrooms, Leeks & Boursin
Applewood Bacon
A few potatoes with caramelized onions, half of one slice of rye bread

Post Tennis
1/2 Chicken Burrito with Guacamole
a few bites of salad
the cheese from a half-slice of pizza
1 stick celery with peanut butter
diet coke

Dinner
93% Sirloin Burger
Green & Red Cabbage Salad (with Almonds)
Pickles
Peppadews

Dessert
4 tablespoons raspberry sorbet

I'll admit it: Having an unlimited amount of raspberry sorbet in the house is not good for me. Though I have been playing an unrivaled amount of tennis (and really, really sweating, and working hard), it does not allow me to eat whatever I want. I must remember to stay hungry, because this weekend, plus the week ahead (with a flight to Charlotte and Philadelphia) spells big trouble if I can't rein it in.

1 comment:

Mom said...

We did have a dynamite brunch. I'm glad your tennis game is really getting there. Great exercise and great fun. Loved seeing you all. MOM