Thursday, July 20, 2006

Year 2, Day 141: Tennis in the Afternoon

I woke up with a leg cramp this morning, which being superstitious, I took as a bad sign. In order to take proaction, I decided to eat a banana, as I know that a potassium deficiency can lead to leg cramps. While this may or may not be medically sound, I am firm believer in the 'if you believe it will make you feel better it probably will' school of thought. So I threw the banana embargo to the wind.

1 Cup Kashi Go Lean & Heritage Flakes
1 small banana
some blueberries
1 cup unsweetened soy milk

snack
1 joy stick
12 oz coffee (half decaf)

Lunch: Chin Yan Shuan
Pork with Cabbage and Peppers
Beef with Celery
Chicken with Spinach
1 Dumpling
Hot and Sour Soup

Dinner: Legal Sea Foods
3 Oysters on the Half Shell
Seafood Salad (Red Leaf, Vinaigrette, Mussels, Calimari, Shrimp, Provolone)
1/2 of 1.5 Lobster
Seaweed Salad
Snowpeas in Oyster Sauce

On the night before my actual birthday, Emily arranged a babysitter so we could go play tennis. Amazingly, we played two sets with the EXACT same score as last time we played, 6-2, and 7-5. Properly exercised, we hot-foot it over to Legal Seafoods (my pick for dinner) where I ordered lobster. Now I am not given to doing that frequently, but I figure there's a few times in life when a lack of restraint is called for. We split everything and it felt great for so many reasons. 1. We exercised. 2. I wasn't going to work the next day. 3. It was my birthday. 4. We actually got a seat at the bar (the wait for a table was 45 minutes). We got home and put the kids to bed and everything was great. So I guess you couldn't ask for a better birthday present than that.

1 comment:

Mom said...

What could be better than tennis followed by lobster at Legal...and no work the next day! Happy Happy Birthday and many happy returns. Love,MOM

PS I'm also all in favor of banannas!