Thursday, July 13, 2006

Year 2, Day 134: Vacation, Day Four

Going to the dogs today. The day you have to pack up and get out of your vacation digs, no matter how crummy is always sort of a drag. Whether you loved it or not, the whole process of picking things and returning the place to the state in which 'you found it' is daunting if not unpleasant. Emily and I managed to get in about 45 minutes of tennis today, but our odd schedule and driving meant we ate often but not necessarily well. I certainly was off the charts today, so I'm glad I got some exercise, and I'm looking for more tennis tomorrow.

Breakfast
1 heel of a multi-grain bread with peanut butter
4 small slices of muti-grain bread with
2 soft-boiled eggs

Pre-Tennis Snack
3-4 oz. Cracker Barrel Cheddar
White Meat Breast of Chicken

On the court snack
1 Kashi Bar

Later that afternoon:
2 oz. Unsalted Cashews
1/2 Joystick


Dinner
Hamburger
Salad
Peppadews
Broccoli

After a long day of stopping starting and noshing, we landed in Englewood, NJ (where Emily's dad's house is), I set up the crib, got Ruby set up, unpacked, packed the fridge and then lit out for the supermarket of all things, where I found the roads absolutely packed because it was 5:40 in New Jersey. The supermarket was empty but I got the standard dinner for any family with kids my age: hamburger, Annie's shells and cheese and broccoli. The kids ate it up and just a few hours later they were in bed. But I have been staying up late lately, mostly because it's the only quiet time I get but also because in the house we were staying at I kept wondering "what's that noise?" Back in civilization, central air and proximity to 24 hour stores, and free of the mildewy smell of a rented house, I slept well.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, Back to civilization can be a vacation in itself. Looking forward to seeing you all and celebrating the birthdays this weekend. Love, MOM