Saturday, July 08, 2006

Year 2, Day 129: Weekend Before Vacation

Every day Ruby wants to go to the pool but I can only help her out on Saturdays and Sundays and days that I am not working. It so happens that today was such a day so we went. Usually, the day after a poker game is a slow-moving affair but there as busy dance card today, with the pool, the beginning of packing for our vacation and dinner at our neighbor's house. Ruby and I really only got about an hour at the pool, but all things considered it was a pretty good time, because it was a perfect day and a lot of folks cleared out around 3:30 when we arrived. I swam three laps, which I consider one back and fourth, though I realize some people may be counting lengths or what have you. Whatever it is, I went back and forth three times. By the last time I was doing some retarded version of the doggie paddle just trying to get to the other side. It's amazing that you can walk two miles around the river, do five miles on the elliptical, but that you can be so out of breath and tired from three laps. That really tells me I have a lot of work to get into 'good shape.'

Breakfast
2 Eggs
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Tea

Snack
Coffee
1 Boston Lite Popcorn
1 Joystick

Lunch:
1 Hamburger
Peppadews
Pickles
Salad with Cabbage and Feta

Dinner
1 Hot Dog
1 Chicken Sausage
1 Chinese Sausage
1 Chicken Patty
seafood salad
Cauliflower with Pine Nuts
Asparagus

Our neighbors hosted us for a barbecue dinner which was very sweet and we like them an awful lot. They are very thin, and they love to grill American food, like hot dogs. I loved everything they served. Emily volunteered to make vegetables in the wok. That was good, because otherwise it would have been tough from a SoBe perspective. As it was I ate too much, but as with "all you can eats", when the food just sits out there it's really hard to stop. Until the mosquitos make you run for cover, of course.

1 comment:

Mom said...

So what your saying is that even mosquitos have some redeeming aspects. My cell phone wasn't working tonight...while I was at bridge..Disaster. But it's fixed now so the blood has started running through my veins again. Love, MOM