Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Year 2, Day 92: "I Got a Rock"

Today I planned to meet some old cronies of mine for breakfast. We had worked together at The Coolidge Corner Theatre, which was a high point in a somewhat pointless career. We met at Zaftigs in Coolidge Corner, and while I tried to keep on the program, my two buddies had mimosas and french toast with bananas. I must say I was pretty envious. Sometimes in those situations I'm reminded of the Charlie Brown Halloween special where every kid is comparing what they got from each house and one kid says "I got a lollipop" and the other kid says "I got a chocolate bar" and Charlie Brown says "I got a rock." Of course, this is the same result every time for poor Charlie Brown. So that's what I hear in my head when other folks are ordering the high fat, very delicious breakfasts. Like all breakfast meetings, it went too quickly and then there we were waving Brenda and Eddy goodbye.

Pre-breakfast
4 Banana and Peanut Butter Sandwiches (comprised of two thin slices of banana and smooth peanut butter)
Green Tea

Breakfast
Lenox Omelet (Goat Cheese, Fire Tomatoes and Scallions)
2 Slices Canadian Bacon
1 Strawberry
1 Slice Cantaloupe
2 small slices of cooked potato

Lunch: Russo's ($5.21)
Red Leaf, Red Pepper, Red Onion
Broccoli, Chick Peas, Feta, Chicken

Dinner
Pork Cutlets
Cabbage Miss Emily
Peppadews

Now that the warm weather is here I'm hoping there will be more walks during the week, though today it was threatening to be so hot as to be unbearable to walk in the heat, especially in work clothes. I remember from last season it became necessary to have a second set of clothes specifically for walking. This was mainly because you would need long pants, etc.for the frigid air-conditioned temperature of the office. We have not yet found the magic way to adjust the temperature, easy as this sound like it should be on paper.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are doing so well! Maybe it feels like a "rock" but it's not plaque on your arteries. Hold the fort. Love, MOM

P.S. Charley Brown made millions for his creator because he really represents us all.