Friday, May 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 88: The Brotherhood of Traveling Pants

Today I put on a pair of jeans, size 38 that Emily helped me buy last year when Iost 30 pounds. To my amazement and horror, they were like circus pants. I didn't have anything else to wear so I cinched the belt to notch #4 and gamely went about my day, but like a hanging thread in your mouth after a reckless hot-pizza-eating accident, I was aware of it all day, and it bothered me. When I got home I tossed them into the giveaway pile. It was only a few months ago that I parted with my size 40 jeans (that I loved). I hear a lot of stories about people who keep their 'fat pants.' I do not want to keep my 'fat pants'. I have a hard enough time both keeping my closet organized and choosing what to wear every day. I also NEED to get rid of the 'fat pants' because I need all the pressure I can get to keep on keeping on.


Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
4 Slices Ham
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Green Tea

Snack
1 Bag Popcorn
5 Stalks Celery
2 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch: Tantawan (A Thai Restaurant)
Tomato-Shrimp-Mushroom Soup
Beef Salad
Chicken with Peanuts and Lettuce

Mid-Afternoon Snack
2 Slices Pastrami
2 Slices Corned Beef
1 Pickle, 1 Sour Tomato

Dinner
Pork Cutlet
Green Beans
Guacamole
Bok Choy
1 Glass Yellow Tail Red Wine

My Mom arrived this afternoon, through the unbelievably drenchy downpour. She brought with her (at my request) meats from far away lands: mutton and lamb (er...) pastrami and corned beef, and a poultry mart chicken. Now if any of you know anything about New York Deli, you'll know that it's nearly impossible to resist it when you've been without for so long. Guilty as charged—both for bringing it in the house and for consuming it. I must admit that as of this writing, I don't feel all that swell, so maybe tomorrow it'll be off to the gym.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sorry to be the source of the difficulty but sometimes you need to relax and a long vacation weekend seems like a perfect time. You were getting a little "wigged" there. Love, MOM