Saturday, May 13, 2006

Year 2, Day 75: Post-Trauma

Can't say all was well when I got up this morning. I was quite tired feeling and not very hungry. Unlike most mornings, I puttered around for about an hour before breakfast time. I did eat, and then sensing a 'shut-in' weekend, Ruby and I set out for the toy store where I picked up a checkers set, connect four and at Ruby's request—some unbelievably generic "Frog Game." I had "Mouse Trap" in my hand and a joystick that lets you play "Frogger", "Ms Pac-Man" and others for $20.00. I put them back and decided that three games would be enough for the weekend. Another sign of my slow, but obviously arriving, maturity.

Breakfast
3 Egg Omelet:
4 Slices of Ham, Broccoli and Jarlsberg Cheese
Tea

Snack
Coffee
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Lunch:
Romaine, Cabbage, Feta & Tuna Salad

Dinner:
Chicken Breast
Emmy's Bok Choy
A Few Peppadews

Perhaps due to the accident, or a life-hangover due to the fact that the world is a dreadful, weary and unprofitable place, I was forced to take to my bed for a two hour nap more befitting a man twice my age. To use more worn-out cliches I slept like the dead. I resolve to go to the gym tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. An accident takes a mental toll and sleeping can be restorative. I'm just so glad that you are okay. Sorry to hear about all the rain in Bean Town... I'm sure that doesn't help. Love, MOM