Thursday, May 18, 2006

Year 2, Day 79: Tow Yard Roughs

It's funny how things work out sometimes. Through a series of events, mostly my crashing of my car, I am now driving a rented car that has a MP3 player. I have never seen this feature in a car before, but I was determined to give it a spin. So at work, I decide to just randomly throw some MP3s on a data-disc and try it out. Literally as I am burning a disc I get a call from Emily telling me I have to go take the license plates off my totaled car so they can junk it. If we leave the plates on, they'll charge us for storage. So I'm driving over to the tow yard, where tattooed men act manly and tough and lift up cars with a single hand, with grease embedded under their fingernails. As it would happen, as I'm driving up to the tow yard, the song playing was "Old Fashioned Wedding" from "Annie Get Your Gun." Though the event of consigning my car to the scrapheap of history was sad, I had to laugh at how badly I would have been pummeled within an inch of my life if any of those guys had heard me singing along with Gershwin as I got out of my car. Luckily they were all watching some nonsense on television. I borrowed a screwdriver and went about my business.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
4 slices Ham
Tea

Snack
16 oz coffee (12 oz. decaf)
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
3 Stalks Celery, 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

Lunch: Peter's Kitch
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken

Dinner:
Emily's Sesame Tilapia
Leeks
Broccoli

Now into the so-called Phase Two of South Beach again I remember a lot of time spent waiting to eat. Though Emily says I could be eating free foods (read: celery, daikon radish perhaps) all the time, the truth is most of the time I want to eat it's not always about hunger. I keep it to a snack at 10:30 and one at 3:30. I realize that during these last few weeks that I gained weight I had skipped the snack. Obviously, that doesn't help, but then neither does eating Teddie Peanut Butter out of the promotional gallon.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Okay, what as MP3 Player? Please explain. Sorry that the car was totaled but glad that you are okay....there will be another car. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

It's IRVING BERLIN ya shmendrick.