Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Year 2, Day 71: Tuesdays with Teddie

I am now in the second week of both Phase One and the exercise embargo. Once you resolve to eat eggs for breakfast every day, the rest is easy, though today I did eat a second celery stick with peanut butter, which as you all know, is a diet buster. I must say, that on the topic of Peanut Butter, I have had a revolution in my life called Teddie. It is an all natural peanut butter, which I consider to be the best peanut butter on the market today. I think there are some people who like their peanut butter fresh-ground, but I don't mind a little processing, especially if it doesn't add any ingredients. I am so surprised in my role as parent to see so many other parents that give their kids peanut butter like Skippy or JIF that contain both unnecessary sugar AND high fructose corn syrup, as well as partially hydrogenated oils. I used to love the Whole Foods Whole Kids Peanut Butter because it was all natural AND contained sugar. But in my new life, I'm all Teddie all the time. Though I must admit, I find it nearly impossible to limit myself to two tablespoons a day. Hell, I just can't do it.


Breakfast
2 Eggs O'er Easy
75% of 1 Chicken Chorizo Sausage link
Tea

Snack
Celery with Peanut Butter
Medium Dunkin Donuts Coffee
15 Roasted, but Unsalted Almonds

Lunch: Chinese
Moo Shoo Pork
Spicy Celery with Beef
Wonton Soup (no Wontons)

Dinner
Roast Pork Loin
Broccoli
Peppadews

Emily continues to experiment with new stuff and today was a pork loin, which was fantastic. We both are amazed at how often we eat at home— which is nearly always. If you compare that to any time prior to five or six years ago, you would have found that we ate out nearly every single meal— breakfast at Beans (a coffee shop); lunch out, dinner out. Sure, that's the lifestyle of young folk with no kids, but we continued to get takeout well into our first few years of parenthood. In fact, Ruby and I started to go to Bickfords for Pancake breakfasts as a regular thing. But obviously, now we both skip the pancakes in favor of more healthy things, like eggs.

2 comments:

Mom said...

As ever I continue to be impressed with you new attitude towards life and food and exercise. It's wonderful. Also, while I like the fresh ground peanut butter I'm anxious to try Teddy's. Had you thought about a career as a salesman? Just kidding. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Teddie. He entered our life last year and its never been the same. But Teddie aside, I find your blog inspiring

Now, how to get time the blogger and his fam on real time?

-hillcrest daycamper