Saturday, May 20, 2006

Year 2, Day 81: Poker

As always on the day of Poker, even going back to my amazingly irresponsible pre-SoBe poker days, I am always thinking about my day's diet. Knowing that I'll eat my weight in nuts, I try to strategize about my second snack, which every day this week has been celery and super chunky peanut butter. Studying my carbs-bible, I determine that Strawberries are a great fruit from a low carb, low-sugar perspective and I have those. I also had a very SoBe friendly lunch with an old friend. She was also sort of watching it, so we went to Legal Seafoods. She told me she was going to have the 'bread (the Legal Seafood Rolls) for dessert." True to her word, she did.

Breakfast
Two Eggs
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Green Tea

Snack
1 Medium Dunkin Donuts Coffee
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
~1 cup strawberries

Lunch: Legal Seafoods
Mixed Greens Salad
Tuna/Shrimp Combo
Broccoli with Cheese
Coffee

Poker/Dinner
2 slices Pepperoni w/ Cheese
Cashews, Almonds & Pistachios
Three Roll Mops: Corned Beef, Turkey, Swiss cheese, romaine Lettuce
Peppadews, Pickles
Cole Slaw

Nuts, Nuts and Nuts. There were a lot of nuts. Maybe not as many as there have been in the past, but there was a lot. And corned beef is not a 'fat-free lunch meat.' So it was a big eating night, any way you slice it. After all that, there was still blueberry pie, ice cream and whipped cream. For me, the guilty pleasure of a cigar and staying up late is enough. But some people just need a little more (they had seconds). As it was, I was the big winner, which I often attribute to my being able to go on a brisk walk the day of the game. But this time it was just simply 'getting the cards.'

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good for you. Bravery in the face of great temptation is especially terrific. I'm fond of an old saying..."Where there is no temptation there is no sin." Love, MOM