Thursday, May 18, 2006

Year 2, Day 80: Cauliflower

I didn't mention that me and another Domaniac went for a VERY brisk walk yesterday. She wanted to run, but didn't quite feel up to it. I must admit, I struggled a bit to keep up with her. But it was good.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
4 slices Ham
Tea

Snack
16 oz coffee (12 oz. decaf)
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
3 Stalks Celery, 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

Lunch: Won Ton Kitchen
Chicken with Eggplant
House Special Egg Drop Soup

Dinner
Magnolia's Cauliflower
Pork Cutlets

I may have to reevaluate my relationship with Chinese Food, and especially at Won Ton Kitchen. It has been especially gloopy lately, which I interpret as being loaded with corn starch, sugar and flour and other things that it shouldn't have and doesn't need. I do love chinese eggplant, but at what cost? By contrast, Emily debuted a cauliflower treatment that was out of this world. Even Ruby gave it the nod, which brings her total number of vegetables she can eat to three.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Bravo for Emily. She's really a trooper in this venture. Bravo to you too for maintaining your sanity with this program. Love, MOM

P.S. Keep those stalks coming!