Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Year 2, Day 9: Anxiety Eating

Does anyone doubt that anxiety causes bad feelings, and bad feelings leads to emotional eating? Furthermore that emotional eating leads to bad feelings, which can cause anxiety, and so on? It's a bad cycle to get into and today I was deep into it. It started with some yogurt, but by nightfall I was cravenly consuming the Burdick's dark chocolate bar.

Breakfast
4 Slices of Ham
2 small slices Balthazar bread (down to my last few slices)...
2.5 oz. 50% jalapeno cheddar
Tea

Snack
12 oz coffee (half decaf)
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter
1/2 pak Splenda

Lunch: Russo's Salad: $5.13
Red Leaf, Red Lettuce, Red Peppers
Olives, Feta, Chicken, Broccoli
Oil & Vinegar

Dinner
Steel Head Trout
Emily's Crazy Broccoli, Cauliflower and Celery

Dessert
6 squares Burdick's dark, sugar free chocolate

A much older boy on Ruby's school bus teased her about her hair today, causing me to surf a huge bummer, as even I knew that hair was not good when I sent her out today. However, she is like a bucking bronco when anyone tries to get near her hair so sometimes we fight and sometimes I just let it slide. Though it's not the biggest deal in the world, it added to my already heavy demeanor and I couldn't shake it for most of the night. Tomorrow we're calling in the Marines (mom is doing hair) and I'll have a word with the boy. But tonight I had to make do with the dark chocolate, as all the milk chocolate with almonds was gone (and a good thing, too).

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yes, it's the old bad spin of anxiety and eating. Ruby's hair is beautiful however she fixes it....and the boy probably has a crush on her. I'm going to teach in the city on Saturday at NYU. I could be persuaded. Love, MOM