Thursday, March 02, 2006

Year 2, Day 3: Attack of the Sweet Meats

I continue my unintentional shamefest by accidentally indulging in multiple not-so-SoBe friendly Chinese dishes. It was just one of those things that everyone goes through. First I thought, "I"ll just have one of these dumplings" or "a slice of scallion pie". Then the crispy beef came and it was like sugary like a a fruit rollup. Wow it was good. I already knew I was going to skip the chocolate tonight. When I got home I thought we were going to have fish, but instead it was more sweet meat (sirloin tips). Yikes. Really feel the need to go on a walk around the Charles River but the weather has not been cooperating.

Breakfast
1 Slice of Balthazar Bread
4 slices of Ham
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno cheddar
Tea

Snack
12 oz coffee (half decaf)

Lunch: Chinese
2 Spicy Steamed Dumplings
Hot and Sour Soup
1 Slice Scallion Pie
Shredded Pork and Celery
Chicken and Spinach
Crispy Beef

Dinner
Sirloin Tips
Romaine Lettuce, Cabbage and Feta

The only saving grace of today of course, was that there were no snacks and no dessert. My only hope is that tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yes, that Chinese food can get you when you least expect it. But Em's cooking is quite fine as well. We've been having rotten weather here too...snow and sleet and rain....But most of my patients came anyway. Love, MOM