Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Year 2, Day 30: One Month Down

Did I already say the next time I start a diet with a blog I'll start it at the beginning of the month? Just because of the ways the days fell, I started this diet on Monday, February 28th 2005. So the second day was a leap year day, and it's all been farshmoozled since, when it comes to record keeping. No matter, I don't let that phase me. I will try and get weighed tomorrow or Monday (I'm taking Friday off from work). We'll see whether or not I've stayed the course, gone up, gone down. There's no doubt that I have more energy, I can wear all of my clothes, and don't suffer dire bouts of self-loathing. But it's always important to visit with Detecto, now less my adversary than ever. For the most part I stay on the straight and narrow path, but occasionally the urge for 5 heaping handfuls of Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Cheerios can be so debilitating.

Breakfast
1 cup Kashi Go Lean!
1/4 cup Grape Nuts
1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Tea

Snack
18 oz. Coffee (2/3 decaf)

Lunch: Russo's ($4.82)
Red leaf, red pepper, red onion
broccoli, feta cheese, olives
chicken, chick peas

Dinner
2 strips Jennie-O Turkey Bacon
3 Eggs (1 broke) over easy
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Ephemera (less than a bite each)
scrambled egg
chocolate cookie
carmel rice cake

You might be wondering, "how can he continue to eat that 50% reduced fat cheese?" The truth is that for a while I started eating a cheese– Cracker Barrel individuals– that Emily keeps for snacks, which are not low fat. After eating a bunch of those, the reduced fat cheese tastes like a milky version of styrofoam. But I find that if you eat only reduced fat cheese, you really don't notice it. That isn't saying much about reduced fat cheese, and if you ate that all the time, you wouldn't say much about it either.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, Yes, you can get used to almost anything. A patient of mine is getting the Zone Diet food delivered...She is very well to do, as they day. She call it "gourmet dog food." You get the point. Love, MOM