Saturday, March 11, 2006

Year 2, Day 12: Ice-capades

There was some definite good movement today, though hard to qualify it as exercise. This morning Ruby and I went on a playdate where we went on a walk for about a mile following a trip to a farm stand. I had only had breakfast and though I had purchased a salad at said farm stand I had no idea how far we'd be walking before we consumed it. I was caught unawares for Ruby, too, as her lunch consisted of blackberries, raspberries, cantaloupe and a whoopie pie. When I got home I had a power-snack and then it was dinner and off to the Ice skating party.

Breakfast
3 Eggs
2.5 Strips Louis Rich Turkey Bacon
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Tea

Snack
1 Joy Stick
4 Slices of Ham
2.5 oz. Cracker Barrel Cheddar Slices
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch
Greek Salad
Blackberries, Raspberries

Dinner:
Steak Tips
Broccoli
Peppadews

It was the first time I had put ice skates on my feet since probably 1982, when I used to go to Parkwood, the pool facility in my hometown on Long Island that doubled as an ice skating rink in winter. I spent a lot of time ice-skating, but probably even more time eating hot dogs, french fries and hot chocolate from the makeshift grill that operated out of the glorified, rubber-matted changing room. Fortunately, Ruby wasn't much faster than I was. I didn't have to hold on to the railing for dear life as she did, but I didn't quite have my ice-legs either. About five minutes after we had gotten on the ice, they blew the whistle for everyone to get off for the zamboni. Unfortunately, Ruby and I took another 8 minutes to wend our way off the ice. I think we're both ready to go back next week.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi, I'm so glad to hear that you and Ruby hit the ice. I confess I did see a picture of you which was adorable. It does burn up the calories. Love, MOM

Don in CA said...

Robert, I just read the last 3-4 entires to Marcia, and we both agree---the writing is fabulous, and this has to become a book!

Love, d/m