Friday, March 31, 2006

Year 2, Day 32: A Day Off

I sorely needed a day off from work and today was it. It turned out to be a good day to take off as it neared 70 degrees and Ruby had no school. I'm not sure I accomplished all I could, but I did have a good time with my family. Emily and I played tennis in the morning (with Ruby as ball girl) for about an hour. It wasn't great tennis but we laughed a lot, and it was probably slightly more exercise than a walk around the Charles River.

Breakfast
5 Slices of Ham
2 small pieces of Balthazar Rye
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Tea

Snack-Ems
Coffee with unsweetened soy milk
30 Pistachios
1/2 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
4 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch: The Cheesecake Factory
Cheeseburger with grilled onions
Side salad
1 slice of wheat bread

Dinner
Emily's Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Broccoli
1 Glass Yellow Tail Red Shiraz-Cabernet

1 Chocolate Parfait Nip

No doubt that exercise early in the day raises your metabolism but if you eat everytime you're hungry it probably evens out. I seemed to have been very hungry and needed to keep eating today. Almost lost it on the pistachios, then the peanut butter. Once an addict, always an addict. The evening culminated in a rare dessert, one chocolate parfait nip. You're allowed two, but I figured 'why push it?'

1 comment:

Mom said...

Always good to have a day off. The cake is outragious! Continuing along with my birthday gala weekend I went to Dr. Katz's for Friday nite dinner. It was very nice. Glad to hear you're playing tennis again. Love to all. MOM