Sunday, March 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 26: The Show Must Go On

Day of the big show. Since the day involved food, I'm sure I was over all kinds of calorie counts and what have you. Part of the problem was having to be there at 12:30 so not wanting to have a big lunch thing, I just had a yogurt with peanut butter and a banana (and a few fistfuls of cheerios) and skeedaddled to the school. When I got there I did well turning down samosas and other carby but internationally delicious items. But a after an hour or so, one of the show's producers determined that we were going to eat the offering of one particular restaurant because it was 'too small to offer to the public.' They begged me to join them in the Japanese Steak House faire. I was hungry, and so I partook. Does performing as an emcee count as burning calories?

Breakfast
4 slices of Ham
1 slice Balthazar Bread
3 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Snack
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
1/2 Banana
3 Tlpbspns Super Chunky Peanut Butter
3 Handful Strawberry Yogurt Burst Cheerios

@ The Event
3 Pineapple Chunks
3 Canteloupe Chunks
2 Gyoza
2 Japanese Fried Chicken Chunks
Edamame
1 Shumai
4 "Stung Drummies"
2 Small Slices of Cheese
1 Bite of Strawberry Rhubarb pie

Dinner
Steak Tips
Broccoli
Peppadews

1 Glass Yellow Tail Shiraz + Cabernet

1 Spoonful of Soy Delicioius Chocolate

I suppose the event was a success because all the seats were taken, most all of the food was eaten, and pretty much everyone, including the performers had a good time. I certainly had a good time. In retrospect, it's kind of funny to have an event with entree-style food at 3pm in the afternoon. I think if you think of the event as one really big lunch I guess it's not so bad. Fortunately, I will be at the gym tomorrow, and if my luck holds out, ice skating with Ruby. My mother was in NYC helping me stock up on Balthazar bread, thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Okay. This is my second try tonight. This system is really getting to me. But if this message gets through it is "On with the show!" You look terrific int he picture Emily sent me. Love, MOM