Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Year 2, Day 15: Where Does Dinner Start/End?

People not on a diet never think twice about grabbing a handful of something that's being made in the kitchen, like a few bites of cucumber, a spear of chicken satay, possibly a slice of bread, or something like that. For me, I must be cognizant all the time of what I put in my mouth. I am very much used to eating, not just emotionally, but almost as a reflex. I caught myself today, just wanting to eat around 4:30 but NOT REALLY BEING HUNGRY. It's so hard to resist, especially if you've been working all day, or under pressure, or just trying to forget how badly you need a haircut. As I was walking out (past the sea of snacks) I did have about a quarter cup of cashews. That was a weakness, but it helped keep my sugar up till I got home.

Breakfast
5 Slices Ham
1 Slice of Balthazar Bread plus one very small heel
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Tea

Snack
12 oz coffee (half decaf)
1/4 cup cashews

Lunch
Grilled Chicken on Salad with Feta

Dinner
SIrloin Tips
Asparagus
2 Slices of Cheese

Went for a walk with the gang (well 2 of them) today. It was a day where no one could decide whether to wear a coat or not, as it was nearing 60 degrees but threatening to rain. I took mine, and they didn't. I suspect we both had regrets but it was a very fast walk. We were all missing summer just a bit today. We are fortunate to have gotten the walk in, as the forecast is calling for snow later in the week. I went to a new place in the Square and had the same ol' salad, which though it tasted much better, still would have weighed in at way over six dollars at Russos. As it was, it cost $6.75. That's a lot for a salad, don't you think?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yes, the weather is really odd these days. Glad you got a walk in. This morning it was raining badly and this afternoon a bright and sunny day. Like appetite the weather is not a predictable thing. Love, MOM