Thursday, March 02, 2006

Year 2, Day 2: Chocolate=Shame

Today just felt like a big eating day. Especially after positive detecto visits, I know I have to be super on guard lest I fall into some kind of 'false security' and have the urge to eat irresponsibly. Today I had HUGE salad ($6.32) and gave dinner to the kids, which I ate some of— hot dogs and cheese. After dinner I allowed myself eight squares of Aileen's other chocolate bar, the milk-chocolate and almond sugarless bar. How to put it? It was "MIND-BLOWING." I shared a few squares with Ruby who said "Dad, this is really perfect." Emily couldn't believe it either. If you must eat sugarless chocolate, this is the best it gets. Even if you don't, it's one of the best chocolate bars I've had.

Breakfast
1 cup Kashi GO LEAN
1/4 cup Ezekial 4.9
3/4 cup Unsweetened Silk/Soy Milk
Tea

Snack
Coffee (with U.S. Soy Milk)

Lunch: Russo's Salad ($6.32)
Red Leaf, Red Lettuce, Red Onion
Chick Peas, Olives, Feta
Broccoli, Chicken, Oil & Vinegar

Dinner:
1 slice Ham
Chicken Breast
Half of Magnolia's Hot Dog
Chick Peas

Dessert
8 Squares Burdick Sugarless Milk Chocolate with Almonds

Immediately after eating the chocolate, though I must say, a wave of shame-like feeling crept over me. I felt bad. I felt like "what am I doing?" I realize that it's allowed, but I guess after a long day of eating, even though there were really no snacks to speak of, I felt—I don't know, guilty. It took a little while to shake. I think I'm just not used to eating dessert, and I'm not sure I 'earned it' today. This feeling certainly requires more thinking. I'll get back to you.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Happy March. It doesn't sound like such a big eating day. Glad the chocolate is good....I still can't eat it because of the caffeine. Ah well. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I usually have a mini-snack in the early afternoon of 10 squares of the dark chocolate and a glass of iced green tea. It packs a huge antioxidant wallop, and the dark chocolate has lots of fiber. Guilt, be gone! (Claps hands twice and walks away briskly).

So glad the chocolate lived up to my near constant hype.

Love,
Lurleen