Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Year 3, Day 97: OOps I did it again

Continued anxiety over pending change, both real and imagined sends me to the loose almonds and other snacks. Though it is familiar to most, I can only describe it as a feeling of 'letting go' somewhere deep inside you. Somewhere in you there is a voice that says "I am going to allow you to feed the nut monster." It's sub-transient. For me there is little difference between stepping on the elevator and how far you down you get, floor-wise. Once you get on the nut elevator, it's over. I know for most people it's ice cream, chocolate, liquor, but slowly I've removed a lot of vices in my life, and at this point to paraphrase Bruce Springsteen, "it's just the three of us: you, me and all that stuff we're so scared of." Oh, and of course, the nuts.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
4 sticks beef jerky
1 apple
almonds, to taste
.5 oz Boston Lite popcorn
12 oz decaf coffee

lunch: russo's $5.74
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini


dinner: Chun Ying Shun
Shredded Pork with String Beans
Mooshi Pork
Chun King Pork
Boneless Spareribs

It never fails that a day when I've eaten too much (of one thing or another) is the day Emily surprises me by asking for Chinese food for 'special. Of course, you don't have to ask me twice for Chang Shin Yuan. I also have learned not to bring anything home but the big winners, all listed above.

No comments: