Saturday, June 02, 2007

Year 3, Day 94: 4 Laps to Nowhere

Totally out of control with the nuts. The tamari nuts are impossible to eat, literally, impossible. You have a handful; you count them out. You put them away. You close the cabinet. Then you finish what you had. Then, you think- hmmm, those were good. Those were VERY good. Then, you think. I should like some more. I should have some more. I WILL have some more. Then you say No, I don't need anymore. Then you think, they're just tiny little nuts! Then you open the cabinet. Reach in. Take them out from the back. Open the container. Take out a handful. Try and eat them slowly. Rinse. Repeat. Go out of your mind.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Then...
2 Handfuls of Whole Foods Frosted Flakes
2 Handfuls of Heritage Flakes
2 Handfuls of Kashi
Crusts of Magnolia's Buttered Bread (tiny bit of Peanut butter)
Coffee

Lunch;
Salad
Breast of Chicken

Snacks
Tamari Almonds
.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
Cashews & Almonds

Dinner(Blech)
4 Trader Joe's Meatballs
2 Bell & Evan Chicken Nuggets
Leeks
Edamame

We went swimming today but I didn't get to do much in the way of actual swimming. As soon as we got to the pool, literally, five minutes or so, there was lighting and they made everyone get of the pool. I couldn't have us have gotten all dressed up with nowhere to go, so Ruby and immediately high-tailed it to the indoor pool. Of course, there the problem is that you are required to wear a swim cap (men and women- for what reason I don't know). I did swim 4 laps, but I was breathing so hard I had to stop. I eventually took off my swim cap so some other parents with the same idea, but no swim cap, could go in the water with their children. When we got home it was a "make what is so deep inside your freezer you don't remember when you bought it" dinner. The kids were understandably unenthusiastic. Must go shopping tomorrow.

No comments: