Saturday, June 23, 2007

Year 3, Day 113: The Year of Living Dangerously (Close to Pies)

Today we were out in the street when our neighbors spontaneously invited us to have a barbecue next door tomorrow (Sunday night). They wanted me to bring pie. They had tasted my second pie, and so I had to make a third. Believe it or not, I had hardly had any of my pie, so I had some, probably about a thin slice. It was good. Not perfect, but good. I am working on number three as I type this. This is not especially good for my diet, as conservative guesses put calories at 480 per serving. Emily just came back and told me the two sitters (Maria and Noellli) were eating the pie and kvelling. What's not to like about pie? The whole pie thing goes back to a visit from my friends Gary and Alice about two years ago (pre-SoBe diet, but post new house). They brought a rhubarb pie and it was FANTASTIC. When we asked them and they told us they made it, our eyes bugged out. Gary said (before he didn't talk to me for a year when I didn't come to his pig roast) it's easy, just use Minute Tapioca and store-bought pie crust. I immediately bought those things, but didn't make my first pie until three days ago. I believe I had donated the tapioca to a women's shelter last year, thinking I would never ever use it. I'm not sure what they did with it, either.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Burger
Salad, Romaine, Cabbage, Feta, Peppers, Balsamic

Snack
Boston Lite Popcorn

Dinner
Flank Steak & Asparagus

Dessert
1 Piece of pie

I have been working on a new recipe for Flank Steak & Asparagus. The recipe in the book wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I did a little mix and match. Of course, that has its downside because you can never ever repeat it the same way twice.

No comments: