Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Year 3, Day 115: Wild Willy's

We had visitors today, and I thought we'd take them for BBQ; but I was outvoted and we went to Wild Willy's Burger Joint. I initially thought I would have a cheeseburger with chili and no bun, but then I spied the salad option. For nearly $8, it was the polar opposite of Christos 7-Star. It was made with real ingredients, but not much of them. Easily lighter than a Russo's Salad. I did splurge for a side of Chili, which was always my weakness.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: WIld WIlly's
Chicken on Salad
Chili

Snack
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
6 oz. Stonyfield Yogurt with Splenda

Dinner
Bread & Circus Salad
10 Cashews
25 Tamari Almonds
Grapes

Tonight I had an evening meeting so I had to stop by Whole Foods to get a few items and I thought a salad would be good for me. The Whole Foods Salad bar is quite wide-ranging with its hot AND cold bars, all for one price (though $2 a pound more than Russo's). It also mixes prepared foods (Lentil Salad, Boy Choy, General Gau's chicken) in there. I didn't find the plain (Cajun) cooked chicken until I had already put Tuna on my salad. There was no feta. They did have purple cabbage, which I like, and I took some carrots. For a national chain, and the market leader, I think they could do a little better on their salad bar.

No comments: