Saturday, March 31, 2007

Year 3, Day 31: The Birthday Bash

Planning a party can make anyone anxious, but I am a super-neurotic, as anyone who who has planned a party with me can tell (ask Jill, if you don't believe me). We spent most of the day just coming and going. My brother and his family and mine all packed into the house and it was lot like a black and white comedy movie where people bump into each other and don't know what the other one is doing. We were all kind of excited about the big bash, which started at 5pm at the Great Neck Inn. David's family were staying at the hotel and I met him there and we made sure everything was a go, since there was audio and video sections of the party.

Breakfast
2 slices of Balthazar Multi-Grain (non-pan loaf) bread
Super chunky peanut butter
coffee

Lunch: Kensington Deli
Turkey roll-mops with pickle and mustard
cole slaw
Popcorn
Cashews & Almonds

Dinner/Party:
1 coconut chicken
1 filet mignon on toast
1 beef teriyaki
3 warm spinach salads
fillet mignon
3 chicken nuggets
string beans
a little sorbet
1 bite of coconut cake (from Balthazar)

When you're at a party it can be very tough to watch what you're eating, but when you're the host, fugetabout it. I didn't eat too many of the passed Hors D'oerves because even though I picked them (with my Mom) I figured I needed to watch my calories. I didn't have any liquor either. However, I did mow on the three spinach salads with warm bacon dressing (yummy) and even though I ordered salmon, I really got it for Emily because she ordered filet mignon and she didn't want it, and I really don't like salmon. Also, trying to get Magnolia to eat I was forced to eat chicken nuggets, and for the second time in two days, found them really quite appealing. Though we asked for ice cream, we got a weird sorbet concoction and then I got my Mom's favorite cake from Balthazar, but only got one, which the staff of the GNI tried in vain to cut into 70 pieces (they failed). Only half way through the biggest eating weekend except for Thanksgiving and I was already losing the battle (but having a good time).

No comments: