Thursday, March 15, 2007

Year 3, Day 15: Someone Stop Me

Into my third week and still feeling like I'm out of control. As I have written, I think this has a lot to do with having just way, way too much work to handle at work, and just way way too much personal stuff (projects) to handle at home. Don't even talk about the physical or emotional, it's tough going out there. I continue to live in a breakfast rut, and Emily and I continue to amaze each other in how long we can eat the same exact breakfast every single day, day after day. Do other people have this? Do other people long for variety? Or is it comfort in routine? I am interested in hearing people's opinions!

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno
4 sticks Beef Jerky
1 Braeburn APple

Lunch: Shin Chang Yuan
Boneless SPareribs
Chung King Pork
Shrimp & Snowpeas
Moo Shi Pork

Dinner: Sabra
1 bite of Falafel
1 bite of chicken schnitzel
greek salad
chicken kebab

dessert
1 chocolate chip cookie
15 chocolate chips

Date night disaster, at least from a gourmet perspective. Thinking of yummy Mediterranean dishes of our past, we decide to try Sabra in Newton Center. It's funny, but neither of us can ever remember ever going there to eat, but somehow we know it's not good because we've been coming to Newton Center for food ever since Jillz told us about Sweet Tomatoes in 2000. So that's seven years and we love falafel and we thought, "well, it's lasted this long." A possible bad omen is when Emily asked me "so who said this place was good" after we were seated. I had to remind her that we were there on a recon mission. The final outcome was that it was by no means bad, but it had all the charm of a Israeli TV dinner, and that's including the total lack of ambiance created by the wait staff who didn't wait on us and brought us room temperature water in chipped glasses. Sigh. We got home and Ruby had made chocolate chip cookies—you can read the rest.

1 comment:

Mom said...

HI, I didn't know there was a Sweet Tomatoes in your area. Amazing. You will get back into control....I know because it's about four weeks after this note that I'm reading and writing. Love, MOM