Saturday, March 10, 2007

Year 3, Day 10: Not Getting Hold of Myself

Year three continues to present challenges for me. I just having the hardest time getting a hold of myself and it could be because I have three or four big personal and professional projects going at once and it's likely to dissolve anyone's resolve. Of course, that's what quitters say, but I have been feeling less than stalwart and hoping that when all the projects are concluded I will rejoin my diet stamina.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
Lots and Lots of Nuts
3 cups popcorn

Lunch
Burnt Ends
Cabbage/Romaine/Onions/Feta
Balsamic Vinegar
Bubbie's PIckles

Dinner: Green Tea
Moo Shi Pork (2 Pancakes)
Beef with Black Bean Sauce
Green Pea Tendrils
1 piece yellowtail, tuna
Salt & Pepper Squid
2 glasses of wine

We had some friends over for dinner, in one of our very first friend and baby playdates. It worked out very well, but I did manage to eat way too much. There's a bit of a problem when there's sushi AND something else on the menu, because something genetic inside me compels me to eat all the sushi because I know it cannot be saved for another day. This is usually a problem ONLY when there's other food because I have usually eaten my allotment of calories from the other food, because honestly, only about 10% of all sushi is mouthwateringly good and the rest of it has all the joy of sliced ham. Good sliced ham, don't get me wrong- it's not like slimy old deli turkey (throat-clearing noise). It's just that as Sushi has become a staple in my diet I have found it much less exciting, yet its mere fragility makes me act irresponsibly. And then there's the deep-fried salt & pepper squid...

No comments: